Unique's being limited to 1 alt

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Draconus

Re: Unique's being limited to 1 alt

Post by Draconus » Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 am

Razhak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:43 am
Draconus wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:15 pm
Razhak wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:49 am
Sounds stupid to me. Pretty things will Always end up in the hands of certain players. That was 20 years ago the case, this is still the case.

I am perhaps one of the few people here that only have one main alt, but I see the majority of people playing on this mud manage quite well to actively play across several alts . By this I mean that they are online, playing daily (and not getting some afk hours in clanrents in).

Should not be a problem in those cases. This sounds more like a whine to me, to be honest. If you want those uniques: kill the alt that carries them.

https://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11045

Looks like Elysia disagrees with you...

Anyway, this is a moot point since that post clearly shows what's happening to uniques.... And the reason why they are being taken out...
Actually that post says nothing about not being allowed to have uniques across several alts. That post was about a way to monitor whether uniques were actually actively played (through some mobolled route where you had to find a certain mob where you had to show your unique so it registered your activity, in other words: you were not allowed to just get some afk hours in a clanrent in).

Your proposal was to limit people to having only one unique per player (instead of being able to have uniques on several alts). The current policy as far as I know, and as far as imms have decreed, is still that you are allowed to have as many uniques on any alt, on as many alts, as long as you play them actively.

That post by Elysia changes nothing about that, and is not relevant in any way to the specific question you posted here.
I was referring to this part of your post, " but I see the majority of people playing on this mud manage quite well to actively play across several alts . By this I mean that they are online, playing daily (and not getting some afk hours in clanrents in). "

If that was the case, then removing uniques wouldnt have been the thing that imms had to resort to

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Wed May 20, 2020 1:55 am

All uniques I have are currently in play and active. The characters see similar playtimes to give you all fair chances to get them. Staff shouldn't be and shouldn't have to micro manage items in the game. Where does the line draw? Should you not be allowed to have two shocklances on different alts? You shouldn't be allowed to have multiple masters? This just seems like another grab ad for something you are struggling to get in game and you want the staff to help you. If you truly think your idea is the best id just point out the last time I died and the uniques spread like infinity stones. They went into hiding and hibernation. Some in rents multiple times. Some rented until a certain character achieved a status that made it worth using. This is a game where your in game action can dictate results. Staff/imms should be mythic non existent beings in game and to most clan policy or in game policy minus some of the houseguest rules.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 am

Draconus wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 am
What's amazing is that 50% of active unique weapons are with 1 player, on one side, yet they play alts that dont have any uniques...

Also, the difficulty of killing players isnt what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about the concept of Uniques being active. If 3 alts of the same player on the same side have uniques, then logically they wont be actively played... Which defeats the original purpose of those items.

Keeping tabs on 6 uniques is pretty easy as well, as can be seen from the Unique's thread existing. So the time commitment reason to not do it doesnt make much sense to me...

That being said, I like the idea of having a time limit on how long the item stays in game before its purged. Probably the only way to deal with player greed..
If one player has 50% of all uniques, then he probably killed people to get them. So kill him back.

What you are basically postulating is that people cannot play multiple alts and be active on multiple alts.

That is preposterous. I know that almost everyone here plays alts, and is active on several alts. If you drew this comparison further, then you would also have to demaster/declan/decouncil everyone who has more then one alt that is mastered/clanned/councillor??

I say that you should worry less about what other people have, and perhaps start caring more about what you can do yourself. The only greed I see here is in your posts, not in other people, to be honest.

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 am

Razhak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 am
Draconus wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 am
What's amazing is that 50% of active unique weapons are with 1 player, on one side, yet they play alts that dont have any uniques...

Also, the difficulty of killing players isnt what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about the concept of Uniques being active. If 3 alts of the same player on the same side have uniques, then logically they wont be actively played... Which defeats the original purpose of those items.

Keeping tabs on 6 uniques is pretty easy as well, as can be seen from the Unique's thread existing. So the time commitment reason to not do it doesnt make much sense to me...

That being said, I like the idea of having a time limit on how long the item stays in game before its purged. Probably the only way to deal with player greed..
If one player has 50% of all uniques, then he probably killed people to get them. So kill him back.

The only greed I see here is in your posts, not in other people, to be honest.
I mean. Let's be honest here if you're gonna be a hypocrite and full of dung up to your non-existent eyeballs. How many trollocs get a chance at Uniques besides the same 2-3 remorts?! We can also guarantee that Jaster didn't kill anyone for Lamans and Nevaeh didn't kill anyone for foxhead. firetruck the trolls! YEE YEE REMORT BROTHER

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed May 20, 2020 3:37 am

And there we are again..

The peanut gallery is back to it's old tantrum :)

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Wed May 20, 2020 3:44 am

And there we are again..

The OGG strikes! :lol:
Last edited by Ryzom on Wed May 20, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Wed May 20, 2020 3:44 am

Razhak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:37 am
And there we are again..

The peanut gallery is back to it's old tantrum :)
Is he incorrect in the claim that in those particular examples the current owning player was not involved at all in the getting of those uniques?

I understand that you've found a new term "peanut gallery" but don't overuse it, we aren't in a vaudeville theater after all.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 am

You sure? :P

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 am

Razhak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 am
You sure? :P
Is he incorrect in the claim that in those particular examples the current owning player was not involved at all in the getting of those uniques?

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 am

You can ask me these questions all day, but I seriously have no idea about that, because to be honest, I hardly ever get to play with those players due to time-zone contraints. You very wel know that as well.

My tongue in cheek remark was about the Vaudeville theatre remark. We all certainly sometimes seem more like caricatures in a theatre then normal people sometimes with all our personal grudges, enmities and pet peeves (yes I am being self-reflecting here as well!)

Honestly, my peanut gallery remark is to the clique of players who are so very concerned about what other players have/have not, either here or in Discord. It gets boring to hear the same conspiracy theories thrown around time and time again by the same people, without much base.

We all know that the players you accuse of all things you accuse them off, are players with the capabilities to get what they have. They are also very active on multiple alts. I also know that they die on all their alts once and again. This personal crusade against certain players begins, in my humble opinion, to border on harassment to be honest.

But that is my personal opinion