Unique's being limited to 1 alt

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Anansi

Re: Unique's being limited to 1 alt

Post by Anansi » Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 am

The irony of you of all people making a claim about player harassment is not lost on anyone Razhak. Especially after you were directly called out by staff about your conduct towards some players on darkside within the last few months. Unbelievable.

With regards to uniques, I couldn't care less about who has or doesn't have them, provided they are active within the rules of the game as dictated by the staff. If they are outside that scope then yes, they should be purged and put back into the game for others to have a chance at (see Malak and justice or kai and foxhead).

I am merely here to point out that the acquisition of 2 uniques remarked upon had nothing to do with that player actually playing to obtain them, they were obtained through friendships with other players.
Last edited by Anansi on Wed May 20, 2020 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 am

If anything, I -loved- when any given character had multiple uniques. That saved an insane amount of work. Those players also were rarely the ones who went inactive with them. Maybe never, even.

Not that I'm advocating one way or the other, checking whether uniques are active is just too much of a time sink with the amount of uniques we had. I'd love if all uniques were split in half LS vs DS and each had a Justice/ Malf type turn in system, but that requires making it so LS can't wield DS weapons and vice versa, which alas, is not something I can do. Oh, suuuuure, I can put "human bone" in DS weapons' descriptions, but let's be real, few people would act on that in a game where humans wear trolloc badges and so on.

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Wed May 20, 2020 9:39 am

Ryzom wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 am
Razhak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 am
Draconus wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 am
What's amazing is that 50% of active unique weapons are with 1 player, on one side, yet they play alts that dont have any uniques...

Also, the difficulty of killing players isnt what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about the concept of Uniques being active. If 3 alts of the same player on the same side have uniques, then logically they wont be actively played... Which defeats the original purpose of those items.

Keeping tabs on 6 uniques is pretty easy as well, as can be seen from the Unique's thread existing. So the time commitment reason to not do it doesnt make much sense to me...

That being said, I like the idea of having a time limit on how long the item stays in game before its purged. Probably the only way to deal with player greed..
If one player has 50% of all uniques, then he probably killed people to get them. So kill him back.

The only greed I see here is in your posts, not in other people, to be honest.
I mean. Let's be honest here if you're gonna be a hypocrite and full of dung up to your non-existent eyeballs. How many trollocs get a chance at Uniques besides the same 2-3 remorts?! We can also guarantee that Jaster didn't kill anyone for Lamans and Nevaeh didn't kill anyone for foxhead. firetruck the trolls! YEE YEE REMORT BROTHER
Castien killed Cowl for silver suit and beady? Fishy fishy. Yeet yeet ... do as I say not as I do!!! woe is me brother!
Last edited by Jaster on Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faul

Post by faul » Wed May 20, 2020 10:18 am

Anansi wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 am
I am merely here to point out that the acquisition of 2 uniques remarked upon had nothing to do with that player actually playing to obtain them, they were obtained through friendships with other players.
What the firetruck is this. Are you new or do you just not have friends?

This dung happens all the time, and always has. If I feel like "dying" cross-race to a friend to give them uniques I don't plan on using, it's going to happen and there probably aren't going to be any RP consequences. If I feel like pulling rank, take stuff from PK, give it to a buddy who wasn't there, and get my clan deleted, I can do that too. If I feel like dying, lie about being frozen because I spam flee into disengaged bashes, sacrifice my dignity, and accept pity to get a unique back and then give it to a buddy, I WILL DO THAT TOO. You cannot stop me, Anansi/Peanut Gallery.

This whole thread is silly. As long as uniques are getting used, I don't think there are any issues. Imms have generally handled uniques the best they can. The best thing would be if all uniques were "neat" instead of way better than normal items -- like Laman's Folly -- NEAT! ...but also who gives a firetruck if it goes inactive?

Elokar

Post by Elokar » Wed May 20, 2020 10:43 am

This rule is all fun and games until 3-4 uniques end up on a smobber. Oh, I see the complaint now.

Foil

Post by Foil » Wed May 20, 2020 11:11 am

I guess I don't really understand all the complaining about uniques. All the arguing is just making imms remove them. Guess what, that's even worse than them being played rarely or being hoarded by one person on alts.

But, I'd assume most people to be in the camp of "if I can't have it no one should" mentality.

I've only held malf once and Lamans once in over 20 years of playing. Doesn't matter much to me.

Elokar

Post by Elokar » Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 am

My comment was tongue in cheek, because the next complaint will just be about active play not being the play people want. There's always something to complain about. I'm still just happy that Justice is an abs weapon after all these years.

corath

Post by corath » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am

i'm all for an equipment wipe from the entire game!!!!

then just don't re introduce uniques at all

and balefire the immortals, oh and the KMG (well not the immorts, they're too nice to us mortals)

honestly folks, its just another weapon to kill a smob or pc with. there are lots, well way too many, in game to worry about a certain few.

and before anyone says that i've had lots of uniques yer wrong. i can count on one hand the number of uniques i've used and on anohter the number i've given away.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Wed May 20, 2020 4:00 pm

faul wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:18 am
Anansi wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 am
What the firetruck is this. Are you new or do you just not have friends?

This dung happens all the time, and always has. If I feel like "dying" cross-race to a friend to give them uniques I don't plan on using, it's going to happen and there probably aren't going to be any RP consequences. If I feel like pulling rank, take stuff from PK, give it to a buddy who wasn't there, and get my clan deleted, I can do that too. If I feel like dying, lie about being frozen because I spam flee into disengaged bashes, sacrifice my dignity, and accept pity to get a unique back and then give it to a buddy, I WILL DO THAT TOO. You cannot stop me, Anansi/Peanut Gallery.

This whole thread is silly. As long as uniques are getting used, I don't think there are any issues. Imms have generally handled uniques the best they can. The best thing would be if all uniques were "neat" instead of way better than normal items -- like Laman's Folly -- NEAT! ...but also who gives a firetruck if it goes inactive?
Lololololololol.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed May 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Foil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:11 am
All the arguing is just making imms remove them.
We were already doing that, by virtue of the relevant commands being 104 only, and me being the only one willing to spend time on it, until I was no longer willing.

The goal is to end up with like 3-5ish or so uniques. The good ones.