Fail!

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Post Reply
Kat
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Kat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:42 pm

DLines only go off if you are in combat when you flee. It doesn't matter if you entered your flee before the other guy, if he flees before you then you are no longer in combat and you will not get a dline.

Deckard
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:24 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Deckard » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:53 pm

isabel wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 pm

* R HP:Scratched MV:Fresh > yell you will all die
You bellow 'you will all die'
This is root cause. You jinxed it.


Also, you have the worst link in the game. It looks like it lagged your command so that you fled after he had.

Aloisa
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Aloisa » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Kat wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:42 pm
DLines only go off if you are in combat when you flee. It doesn't matter if you entered your flee before the other guy, if he flees before you then you are no longer in combat and you will not get a dline.
Yeah, she was complaining that she fled while engaged and entered commands to dline, but the command was so lagged the dline didn't go through.

Ailak
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Ailak » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:38 pm

I have it on good authority that Isabel plays from Antarctica, via messenger pigeon.

corath
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by corath » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:47 pm

miss 3 crit bashes on a dodger! cries in his beer.....

w
* HP:Hurt MV:Strong > In Front Of The Dark Tower
You are standing in front of an old, apparently abandoned watchtower, the
one that you have been seeing glimpses of from the road. You get a chill
feeling as you look up at the big gray mass that looms up above you. Bits
and pieces of gray masonry have fallen away from the tower, and you see an
especially big piece half embedded in the ground. The entrance to the tower
looks like a black mouth, and the door has long rotted away. A dark path
leads east from here, heavily shadowed by the trees that loom over it.
Another path leads south from here.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving west.
There are some tracks of a human leaving south.
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving south.
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving west.
There are some tracks of a myrddraal leaving south.
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving west.
A hooved trolloc anxiously stamps its feet.
A fade emerges from the shadows as you pass by.

* HP:Hurt MV:Tiring > Tower Entrance
The entrance of the tower is very dark, and your light shows you the signs
of abandonment that are all over the place. Your feet leave footprints in
the thick dust as you walk around the room. However, you get the feeling
that this tower is not nearly as abandoned as it looks. There are stairs
leading up into the gloomy darkness.
[ obvious exits: E U ]
*Ostran* is resting here.
A young trolloc is here, growling with a deep bloodlust.

* HP:Hurt MV:Tiring > j
a
[k dark]
You try to slash *Ostran*, but he deflects the blow.

* HP:Hurt MV:Tiring - Ostran: Critical > [bash ]

- = + *
*Ostran* pierces your body.

*
*Ostran* pierces your body.
A Ghar'ghael trolloc barely tickles your right hand with his cleave.

+
*Ostran* panics, and attempts to flee!

= - - =
As *Ostran* avoids your bash, you topple over and fall to the ground!
*Ostran* panics, and attempts to flee!
*Ostran* leaves up.

* HP:Hurt MV:Strong - a Ghar'ghael trolloc: Scratched > y
f

A Ghar'ghael trolloc cleaves your body.

* HP:Hurt MV:Strong - a Ghar'ghael trolloc: Scratched > Mood changed to: Wimpy

* HP:Hurt MV:Strong - a Ghar'ghael trolloc: Scratched > You panic and attempt to flee!


You flee head over heels.
Second Floor Of The Tower
Cobwebs cling to the ancient masonry of the tower, as well as to the old
stone stairs that you were moving on. Looking around, you see no signs of
life, but you can't shake the feeling that this tower is not uninhabited.
Stairs lead up, further into the tower, and down, to the entrance.
[ obvious exits: U D ]
A huge trolloc marked with a whirlwind snorts here.

* HP:Hurt MV:Strong > u
n
Top Floor Of The Tower
As you enter this room, the top of the tower, you can see why the room
below was well lit. The torches mounted on the walls here throw flickering
shadows against the walls, and you can just make out some carcasses hanging
from the high, conical ceiling of this room. To the south arrow slits line
the wall for viewing far to the south. To the north there is an exit to the
balcony. The sickening smell of decaying flesh makes you gag.
[ obvious exits: N D ]
A trolloc is here commanding a fist of troops.
A wolfish trolloc is here, howling for blood.
A wild hog snorts angrily, pawing at the ground.
Falling silent, a muzzled trolloc tests the wind... and begins to growl.
A hideous trolloc is here, in a world of hurt.

j* HP:Hurt MV:Tiring >
On A Balcony
The howling wind chills you to the bone, and you instinctively draw deeper
into your clothing, trying to get warmer. You can see that the balcony goes
all the way around the top of the tower, but, from here, all you can see is
a vast expanse of forest stretching out before you, up until the forested
hills to the north. You shudder as a whiff of the putrid stench of decaying
flesh reaches you from inside the tower.
[ obvious exits: S ]
*Ostran* is standing here.
A beaked trolloc is here, scouting.
A tall, ramshorned trolloc is here, commanding.
A tall, ramshorned trolloc is here, commanding.
A silent, black-robed figure watches you from afar.

a
* HP:Hurt MV:Tiring > [k dark]
You try to slash *Ostran*, but he deflects the blow.

* HP:Hurt MV:Tiring - Ostran: Critical > [bash ]

- = + * *
*Ostran* pierces your right arm hard.
A beaked trolloc barely cleaves your body.
A ramshorned trolloc joins a beaked trolloc's fight!
A ramshorned trolloc joins a ramshorned trolloc's fight!
A myrddraal joins a beaked trolloc's fight!
A myrddraal hisses 'This is the will of the Great Lord.'


+ = -
*Ostran* pierces your body.
Ominas narrates 'where we at?'
*Ostran* panics, and attempts to flee!

- =
As *Ostran* avoids your bash, you topple over and fall to the ground!

* HP:Hurt MV:Strong > sta
A myrddraal slashes your body.
A myrddraal hisses 'This is the will of the Great Lord.'

A ramshorned trolloc tickles your head with his cleave.
A ramshorned trolloc tickles your body with his cleave.
A beaked trolloc barely cleaves your body.
*Ostran* pierces your left arm hard.
Taziar narrates 'i out crit'
*Ostran* leaves south.

sta
* HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a myrddraal: Scratched >
*Ostran* has arrived from the south.

* HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a myrddraal: Scratched > y

*Ostran* pierces your head.

* HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a myrddraal: Scratched >
Ominas narrates 'Taz, cor good?'

* HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a myrddraal: Scratched > f
*Ostran* pierces your body.
Do you not consider fighting as standing?

* HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a myrddraal: Scratched > Mood changed to: Wimpy

* HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a myrddraal: Scratched > A myrddraal hisses 'This is the will of the Great Lord.'

A myrddraal swirls about with a black sword, slicing across your body!
You panic and attempt to flee!

n

Ominas narrates 'nod'

j
a

*Ostran* pierces your body.
A myrddraal hisses 'This is the will of the Great Lord.'

A myrddraal swirls about with a black sword, slicing across your body!
A myrddraal slashes your body.
A ramshorned trolloc tickles your body with his cleave.
A ramshorned trolloc cleaves your body.
A beaked trolloc tickles your left foot with his cleave.

You flee head over heels.
Top Floor Of The Tower
As you enter this room, the top of the tower, you can see why the room
below was well lit. The torches mounted on the walls here throw flickering
shadows against the walls, and you can just make out some carcasses hanging
from the high, conical ceiling of this room. To the south arrow slits line
the wall for viewing far to the south. To the north there is an exit to the
balcony. The sickening smell of decaying flesh makes you gag.
[ obvious exits: N D ]
A trolloc is here commanding a fist of troops.
A wolfish trolloc is here, howling for blood.
A wild hog snorts angrily, pawing at the ground.
Falling silent, a muzzled trolloc tests the wind... and begins to growl.
A hideous trolloc is here, in a world of hurt.
On A Balcony
The howling wind chills you to the bone, and you instinctively draw deeper
into your clothing, trying to get warmer. You can see that the balcony goes
all the way around the top of the tower, but, from here, all you can see is
a vast expanse of forest stretching out before you, up until the forested
hills to the north. You shudder as a whiff of the putrid stench of decaying
flesh reaches you from inside the tower.
[ obvious exits: S ]
*Ostran* is standing here.
A beaked trolloc is here, scouting.
A tall, ramshorned trolloc is here, commanding.
A tall, ramshorned trolloc is here, commanding.
A silent, black-robed figure watches you from afar.

* HP:Wounded MV:Tiring > [k dark]
You try to slash *Ostran*, but he parries successfully.

* HP:Wounded MV:Tiring - Ostran: Critical > [bash ]

- =
Ominas narrates 'corath good?'

+ * * + =
*Ostran* pierces your body.
A beaked trolloc tickles your body with his cleave.
A ramshorned trolloc joins a beaked trolloc's fight!
A ramshorned trolloc joins a ramshorned trolloc's fight!
A myrddraal joins a beaked trolloc's fight!
A myrddraal hisses 'This is the will of the Great Lord.'

*Ostran* panics, and attempts to flee!

- - =
As *Ostran* avoids your bash, you topple over and fall to the ground!
*Ostran* panics, and attempts to flee!

* HP:Wounded MV:Strong - Ostran: Critical > y

A myrddraal slashes your left leg.
A ramshorned trolloc tickles your body with his cleave.
A ramshorned trolloc cleaves your body.
A beaked trolloc barely cleaves your body.

* HP:Battered MV:Strong - Ostran: Critical > f
*Ostran* leaves south.

f
* HP:Battered MV:Strong - a beaked trolloc: Healthy > Mood changed to: Wimpy

* HP:Battered MV:Strong - a beaked trolloc: Healthy > PANIC! You couldn't
escape!

* HP:Battered MV:Strong - a beaked trolloc: Healthy > f
You panic and attempt to flee!
*Ostran* has arrived from the south.


*Ostran* pierces your right leg hard.

d
s
s

A myrddraal hisses 'This is the will of the Great Lord.'

*Ostran* pierces your right leg hard.
A myrddraal hisses 'This is the will of the Great Lord.'

A myrddraal barely slashes your left hand.
A ramshorned trolloc tickles your left leg with his cleave.
A ramshorned trolloc tickles your right leg with his cleave.
A beaked trolloc cleaves your right leg.
*Ostran* pierces your right leg hard.
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
You cough and shiver.

Dimmu
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Fail!

Post by Dimmu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:00 am

Dismounted bash sucks massively. Long blades don't help much either, so go clubs or go home 😉.

corath
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by corath » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:09 am

clubs suck. might have been able to bash him with one, but he'd probably have parried my hits, would still have been a fail!!!

Sarryn
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:30 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Sarryn » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:51 pm

R HP:Wounded MV:Fresh - Byrg: Wounded > l
Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Fresh - Byrg: Wounded >
A black wolf barely tickles Byrg's body with his hit.
You pierce *Byrg*'s head.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered > where
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Sarryn - Inside the Gap

* R HP:Wounded MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered >
A black wolf barely hits Byrg's right foot.
You pierce *Byrg*'s body.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered >
You pierce *Byrg*'s left arm hard.

sh - Byrg: Battered >
*Byrg* sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!

* R HP:Wounded MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered >
A black wolf tries to hit Byrg, but he parries successfully.
*Byrg* blasts your body very hard.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered > alias y kill byrg
l
where

A black wolf barely tickles Byrg's body with his hit.
*Byrg* blasts your body very hard.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered > Ok.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered > Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered > You pierce *Byrg*'s body.
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Sarryn - Inside the Gap

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered >
A black wolf tries to hit Byrg, but he parries successfully.
*Byrg* blasts your right arm very hard.
You pierce *Byrg*'s left leg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered >
A black wolf tries to hit Byrg, but he parries successfully.
*Byrg* tries to blast you, but you deflect the blow.
You barely pierce *Byrg*'s body.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Battered > t
[kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > t
[kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > l
Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
*Trill* is standing here.
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > where

A black wolf barely tickles Byrg's left foot with his hit.
*Byrg* tries to blast you, but you parry successfully.
You barely pierce *Byrg*'s body.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > t
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Sarryn - Inside the Gap

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > [kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > t
[kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > l
A black wolf tickles Byrg's right leg with his hit.
You pierce *Byrg*'s body.
You pierce *Byrg*'s left hand hard.
Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
*Trill* is standing here.
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

t
* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > [kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered >
You dodge a bash from *Byrg* who loses his balance and falls!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered > t
[kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Battered >
A black wolf tickles Byrg's left leg with his hit.
You pierce *Byrg*'s left foot.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > l

You pierce *Byrg*'s body.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
*Trill* is standing here.
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

t
* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > [kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > t
[kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > l

A black wolf tries to hit Byrg, but he parries successfully.
You pierce *Byrg*'s body.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > t
[kill h.dark]
You do the best you can!

ll - Byrg: Beaten >
*Byrg* sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > l
n

A black wolf barely tickles Byrg's right arm with his hit.
*Byrg* blasts your left leg very hard.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten >
A black wolf tickles Byrg's right leg with his hit.
*Byrg* blasts your head extremely hard.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

l
* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > l
Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten >
A black wolf tickles Byrg's right leg with his hit.
*Byrg* tries to blast you, but you deflect the blow.
You barely pierce *Byrg*'s right hand.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten >
You pierce *Byrg*'s left leg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten >
A black wolf barely tickles Byrg's head with his hit.
You pierce *Byrg*'s body.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten >
You dodge a bash from *Byrg* who loses his balance and falls!

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten > e
No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten > l
A black wolf barely tickles Byrg's body with his hit.
You pierce *Byrg*'s right leg hard.
You barely pierce *Byrg*'s left leg.
Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten > where
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Sarryn - Inside the Gap

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten > y
[kill byrg]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Beaten >
A black wolf tickles Byrg's left hand with his hit.
You barely pierce *Byrg*'s right foot.

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Critical > y
y
[kill byrg]
You do the best you can!

y
* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Critical > y
[kill byrg]
You do the best you can!

[kill byrg] esh - Byrg: Critical >
You do the best you can!
*Byrg* sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!

* R HP:Battered MV:Fresh - Byrg: Critical > e

A black wolf tickles Byrg's right leg with his hit.
*Byrg* blasts your right leg extremely hard.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Fresh - Byrg: Critical >
*Trill* stabs your body.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Fresh - Byrg: Critical >
*Zarth* has arrived from the south.

*Trill* stabs your body. Byrg: Critical >
*Zarth* pounds your left leg.
You are interrupted and stop what you are doing.
You panic and attempt to flee!
You flee head over heels.
Entering the Gap
Here, among the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom, lies the entrance to
Tarwin's Gap. Small rocks litter the ground, lying among the sparse tufts
of tough, wiry grass and the rare wildflower. Just to the north is the gap
itself, flanked by the black rock of the mountains, while a pair of paths
lead east and west, leading up and into the mountains themselves.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving east.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A black wolf growls loudly, poised to leap.
A Shienaran scout blends into the surroundings here.
[kill byrg]
They aren't here.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full > East Path
Little black rocks litter the ground, making footing in the already narrow
path even more treacherous. The jagged black peaks of the Mountains of Dhoom
stab into the sky to the east, as well as to the west across the gap, which
lies under the path. The path heads west towards the gap, and continues
north through the mountains.
[ obvious exits: N W ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving north.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving west.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full > n
e
s
East Path
The path dips diagonally, bending around a jumble of boulders to the north.
Under the ledge to the west, Tarwin's Gap makes its way through the Mountains
of Dhoom, and slipping and falling down the slope is all too likely. The black
granite of the mountains to the other side blocks passage, letting the path
continue to the south and east.
[ obvious exits: E S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving east.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full > East Path
This path continues to the south and west, winding its way through the jagged
edges of the mountains. The path appears to be quite worn, and well travelled.
[ obvious exits: S W ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving west.
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving west.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

s
* R HP:Beaten MV:Full > Eastern Path
This path winds its way through the mountainous terrain. It appears quite wide
and well travelled, suggesting that a settlement must be near. The path bends
to the north and east here, all other travel is obscured by the black granite
of the Mountains of Dhoom.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving north.
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving east.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

and shortly after Byrg chases apparently solo

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong > n
Twist in the Faint Path
This faint path turns down to the north and snakes west. North you can see
it drops down into a steep gully. West it parallels the south side of this
treacherous incline. Some tracks of wagons can be seen here but upon closer
examination they seem almost carved into the rock.
[ obvious exits: S W D ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving west.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong > Alas, you cannot go that way...

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong > k dark
Alas, you cannot go that way...
*Byrg* has arrived from the west.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Strong > k dark
You pierce *Byrg*'s body.

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > k dark
*Byrg* tries to blast you, but you parry successfully.
You pierce *Byrg*'s left leg.
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > k dark
You pierce *Byrg*'s body.
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > look
Preparing to find this room on the map.

Nandor narrates 'fairly recents of byrg going east from wb'

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > k dark
Twist in the Faint Path
This faint path turns down to the north and snakes west. North you can see
it drops down into a steep gully. West it parallels the south side of this
treacherous incline. Some tracks of wagons can be seen here but upon closer
examination they seem almost carved into the rock.
[ obvious exits: S W D ]

Matching room found! Correcting map position.

There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving west.
*Byrg* is here, fighting YOU!
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > k dark
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Strong - Byrg: Beaten > f
k dark
k dark
*Byrg* tries to blast you, but you deflect the blow.
You barely pierce *Byrg*'s body.
You panic and attempt to flee!

You flee head over heels.
Overlooking a Gully
A steep incline here to the north drops down into a gully that seems to
have eaten right through the hills. You cannot go down into the gully here
because of how steep it is. Off to the west, there is what looks like the
beginning of a low wall, perhaps two spans high.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving east.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
They aren't here.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full > They aren't here.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full > e
Twist in the Faint Path
This faint path turns down to the north and snakes west. North you can see
it drops down into a steep gully. West it parallels the south side of this
treacherous incline. Some tracks of wagons can be seen here but upon closer
examination they seem almost carved into the rock.
[ obvious exits: S W D ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving west.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Byrg* is standing here.

d
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > Into the Gully
A path from the south drops down into the gully and the only way out is
back up the path or north along the bottom. Dead, twisted trees have
toppled into the gully making it tough going. The bottom is littered with
twigs, rocks and dead leaves making noise with every step.
[ obvious exits: N U ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving up.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving up.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A large plains lion stalks the grasslands looking for prey.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > k dark
k dark
k dark
k dark
They aren't here.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full > They aren't here.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > k dark
They aren't here.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full > k dark
k dark
They aren't here.
*Byrg* has arrived from above.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > You pierce *Byrg*'s right leg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > k dark
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > You pierce *Byrg*'s body.
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten >
You pierce *Byrg*'s body.
A plains lion barely tickles Byrg's body with his hit.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - Byrg: Beaten > f
You panic and attempt to flee!

d

You flee head over heels.
Deep Within the Gully
Dead trees, rocks, leaves, twigs, even some bones litter the bottom here.
Travel is tough and noisy. It looks like the junkyard of the hills except
it doesn't seem like a well-traveled area. Travel is only possible to the
north and south through the gully as the walls seem unscalable.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full > Alas, you cannot go that way...

n
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > In a Clogged Gully
Debris is piled so high here in the gully that passage farther north seems
impossible. You can go up the side to the east or south through the debris.
There is a smell of decaying flesh here, like something crawled under a
rock or log to die not too long ago.
[ obvious exits: N S U ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > k dark
They aren't here.

s
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > They aren't here.

s
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > Deep Within the Gully
Dead trees, rocks, leaves, twigs, even some bones litter the bottom here.
Travel is tough and noisy. It looks like the junkyard of the hills except
it doesn't seem like a well-traveled area. Travel is only possible to the
north and south through the gully as the walls seem unscalable.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving south.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving south.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full > k dark
Into the Gully
A path from the south drops down into the gully and the only way out is
back up the path or north along the bottom. Dead, twisted trees have
toppled into the gully making it tough going. The bottom is littered with
twigs, rocks and dead leaves making noise with every step.
[ obvious exits: N U ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving up.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Byrg* is here, fighting a plains lion.
A plains lion is here, fighting Byrg.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Full > You pierce *Byrg*'s right arm.

k dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical > k dark
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical > k dark
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical >
You pierce *Byrg*'s left leg.
*Byrg* blasts a plains lion's left leg into bloody fragments!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical >
You pierce *Byrg*'s left hand.
*Byrg* blasts a plains lion's body into bloody fragments!
A plains lion tickles Byrg's body with his hit.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical > alias y close debris
Ok.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical > l
Into the Gully
A path from the south drops down into the gully and the only way out is
back up the path or north along the bottom. Dead, twisted trees have
toppled into the gully making it tough going. The bottom is littered with
twigs, rocks and dead leaves making noise with every step.
[ obvious exits: N U ]
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving up.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving north.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Byrg* is here, fighting a plains lion.
A plains lion is here, fighting Byrg.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical >
You pierce *Byrg*'s left leg.
A plains lion tickles Byrg's body with his hit.
You pierce *Byrg*'s body hard.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Wounded - Byrg: Critical >
You pierce *Byrg*'s left leg very hard.
*Byrg* is dead! R.I.P.
You feel the Weave of the Wheel tighten around you.
Still better. Experience pays off.
Your blood freezes as you hear *Byrg*'s death cry.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full > scalp
A plains lion tries to hit you, but you deflect the blow.
No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Battered > get all corpse

You pierce a plains lion's body into bloody fragments!
A plains lion barely hits your body.

* R HP:Battered MV:Full - a plains lion: Battered > f
d
You get a pair of thick metal boots from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a pair of ebony-steel plate greaves from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a bronze belt of odd design from the corpse of Byrg.
a massive blackened-steel battleaxe: You can't take that!
You get a sungwood bracelet from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a sungwood bracelet from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a pair of heavy metal gauntlets from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a pair of ebony-steel plate vambraces from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a backpack from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a shadowed cloak adorned with red serpentine scales from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a shining steel breastplate from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a serpent medallion from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a serpent medallion from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a full metal helmet and visor from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a gold ring delicately carved with ivy from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a gold ring delicately carved with ivy from the corpse of Byrg.
You get a black-laquered badge engraved with red serpents from the corpse of Byrg.

Kat
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Kat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:31 pm

* R HP:Battered MV:Winded > Deep Within the Grove
A foul stench seems to waft up from the spoiled ground which feeds its
evil corruption to the mangled trees. The forest continues to the east and
west. There seems to be a change in the forest to the south.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Blighted Grove
There are some bloody traces of A TROLLOC leaving west. <<
There are some bloody traces of a human leaving west. <<
There are some bloody traces of A TROLLOC leaving south. vv
The corpse of a shivering tree is lying here. [2]
A shield covered in intricately designed leather lies here.
A brown sack has been left here. [2]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
Heart of the Blighted Grove
In the heart of the grove, the stedding still holds a trace of its former
glory. The trees are tall and strong, with leaves of green. Healthy sprouts
of grass poke up sporadically from the healthy soil.
[ obvious exits: N S W ]
Zone: Blighted Grove
There are some bloody traces of a human leaving north. ^^
There are some bloody traces of a human leaving north. ^^
There are some bloody traces of A TROLLOC leaving north. ^^
The corpse of Zarth is lying here.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
Lord Neal al'Zakath is standing here, riding a bloodstock stallion.
Lord Corath the Baron is standing here, riding a bloodstock stallion.
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
not
You start paying increased attention to your surroundings.
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
v
charge h.dark

Corath slashes a rat's body into bloody fragments!
A rat is dead! R.I.P.
You receive your share of experience...
Quite a death count. Have it put on your tombstone.
Your blood freezes as you hear a rat's death cry.
A rat stops following you.
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded > Charge who?
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
Ominas narrates 'should be ok'
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >

Corath slashes a rat's right foreleg into bloody fragments!
A rat is dead! R.I.P.
You receive your share of experience...
Quite a death count. Have it put on your tombstone.
Your blood freezes as you hear a rat's death cry.
A rat stops following you.
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
Corath slashes a rat's right foreleg into bloody fragments!
A rat is dead! R.I.P.
You receive your share of experience...
Quite a death count. Have it put on your tombstone.
Your blood freezes as you hear a rat's death cry.
A rat stops following you.
l
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
Heart of the Blighted Grove
In the heart of the grove, the stedding still holds a trace of its former
glory. The trees are tall and strong, with leaves of green. Healthy sprouts
of grass poke up sporadically from the healthy soil.
[ obvious exits: N S W ]
Zone: Blighted Grove
There are some bloody traces of a human leaving north. ^^
There are some bloody traces of a human leaving north. ^^
There are some bloody traces of A TROLLOC leaving north. ^^
The corpse of a rat is lying here. [3]
The corpse of Zarth is lying here.
*Margaux* is standing here.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
Lord Neal al'Zakath is standing here, riding a bloodstock stallion.
Lord Corath the Baron is standing here, riding a bloodstock stallion.
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
where
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Kat - Heart of the Blighted Grove
Neal - Heart of the Blighted Grove
Corath - Heart of the Blighted Grove
v
charge h.dark
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >
You line up your charge...

-=
+*

Corath tries to slash *Margaux*, but she dodges the attack.
*
You can't charge a fighting person, you might hit the wrong target!
* R HP:Battered MV:Winded >

Suddenly *someone* places something in your back!
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Ouch! You lose a level.
You stop following Sarryn.
Circle of Light
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that
become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when
the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by
some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, you find yourself, surrounded
by a bright light.


To obtain some free starting equipment, TELL GUARDIAN KIT.

It is strongly recommended that new players look at our website at
wotmud.org, and our forums at wotmod.org before starting out, for the
rules, maps, and more.

[ obvious exits: N D ]
(wotmudmapper): (error): No matches found.
The waters of a blue-veined marble fountain pour forth here.
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
A kind-faced figure stands here.

You've forgotten everything you've learned!

kyra
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by kyra » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Well that wasnt the right key.

l
* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
A Shallow Depression
Here within a shallow depression of twisted scrub and rotting trees, the
ground is laden with rough, gray rocks. Rocks jut out of the ground among
the twisted scrub and mutated trees. An overgrown footpath leads up towards
the foothills near Tarwin's Gap.
[ obvious exits: U ]
Zone: Tarwin's Gap
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up. uu
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up. uu
There are some tracks of A TROLLOC leaving up. uu
A pair of hard leather half-gauntlets is on the ground here.
A hard leather breastplate has been placed upon the ground.
You notice a lantern is hidden here.
A sleek well-trained torm glares fiercely about, being ridden by you.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
The Shienaran forward scout commander stands ever vigilant.

o
k h.dark
* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
They aren't here.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
o
k h.dark
You slash *Staerek*'s left arm extremely hard.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Staerek: Scratched >
l
A Shallow Depression
Here within a shallow depression of twisted scrub and rotting trees, the
ground is laden with rough, gray rocks. Rocks jut out of the ground among
the twisted scrub and mutated trees. An overgrown footpath leads up towards
the foothills near Tarwin's Gap.
[ obvious exits: U ]
Zone: Tarwin's Gap
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up. uu
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up. uu
There are some tracks of A TROLLOC leaving up. uu
A pair of hard leather half-gauntlets is on the ground here.
A hard leather breastplate has been placed upon the ground.
*Staerek* is here, fighting YOU!
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
A sleek well-trained torm glares fiercely about, being ridden by you.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
The Shienaran forward scout commander stands ever vigilant.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Staerek: Scratched >

*Staerek* tries to pierce you, but you deflect the blow.
Ragan tries to slash Trill, but he parries successfully.
You slash *Staerek*'s body very hard.

l
* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Staerek: Hurt >

*Staerek* panics, and attempts to flee!

* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Staerek: Hurt > A Shallow Depression
Here within a shallow depression of twisted scrub and rotting trees, the
ground is laden with rough, gray rocks. Rocks jut out of the ground among
the twisted scrub and mutated trees. An overgrown footpath leads up towards
the foothills near Tarwin's Gap.
[ obvious exits: U ]
Zone: Tarwin's Gap
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up. uu
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving up. uu
There are some tracks of A TROLLOC leaving up. uu
A pair of hard leather half-gauntlets is on the ground here.
A hard leather breastplate has been placed upon the ground.
You notice a lantern is hidden here.
*Staerek* is here, fighting YOU!
A sleek well-trained torm glares fiercely about, being ridden by you.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
A Shienaran scout keeps a constant watch here.
Ragan is here, fighting Trill.
*Staerek* leaves up. uu

i
* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
i
You are carrying:
[2] a large slab of meat

* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded > You are carrying:
[2] a large slab of meat

* R HP:Beaten MV:Winded >

Suddenly *someone* places something in your back!
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Ouch! You lose a level.
Circle of Ravens
Somewhere in the heavens, the Circle of Ravens is the rebirthing point of
the honored dead. From here those points held by the Imperial Armies may be
reached. A fountain remains placid and still allowing for peace and rest.
New characters should LOOK NAMES, TELL GUARDIAN KIT and LOOK NOTICE. To
find exit locations you should LOOK EXITS. It is strongly recommended that
new players look at our website at wotmud.org, before starting out, for the
rules, maps, and more.
[ obvious exits: E W U D ]
(wotmudmapper): (error): No matches found.
The waters of a blue-veined marble fountain pour forth here.
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
A kind-faced figure stands here.

You've forgotten everything you've learned!
o
k h.dark
* HP:Critical MV:Haggard >
Maybe you should get on your feet first?

Post Reply