Thanks and Feedback

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rodger

Thanks and Feedback

Post by Rodger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Wanted to post this thank youfor Elysia for her giant quest arch which was awesome and the other immortals for the christmas smobs and fun!

I also wanted to ask for feedback from the immortals on what makes their time spent worth it and feel fun? I know a lot of imms seem to burn out and sounds like mostly work to me, so what do / can players do to make you feel like you are having fun?

Terri

Re: Thanks and Feedback

Post by Terri » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 pm

I told my cousin, who does not play mud, about the whole story line and the events the immortals had been prepping and kept him in the loop as each thing unfolded. He was blown away that our immortals did this and said this is the type of interaction every gamer dreams of. Really awesome experience that brought tons of people together.

Dartes

Post by Dartes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm

It sounds like you need to get your cousin to play!

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 pm

Had a great time. Very enjoyable. Thanks Ely

Enoch

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:55 pm

I agree with the comments above. I know i could only make a few of the events on different alts, but I had fun each time. I know a lot of work went into it.

Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks Elysia!

For me, seeing Callandor and the Black Tower was about as cool as it gets. Fun stuff

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:33 am

Lately, it's not so much burning out as RL kicking imms' asses that's been the problem. There's no fix for that, really.

For me personally, what's kicking my ass is projects started over a year ago when we still had more imms, which now gets added to other imms' work will pile up on me also. No fix for that really, except to not prioritize things like typoes and not taking on new jobs. Things like master quests will have a longer turn around time and there will be less time for extra's, but considering the amount of events that took place in the last 8ish months, I feel like that is not really an issue. Or shouldn't be.

Wrt events like mob raids or RP specifically, what makes it easier is not everyone asking questions at the same time. There's only so many conversations any given person can manage at the same time. ;)
And trying to split up the group to account for an eventuality like Illian being hit or only Defenders poking about the Stone, initially. If any imm want Illian or the Stone to perish, it will perish, whether players are there or not. :P

Jecks

Post by Jecks » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 am

I echo the above words of praise. I found that being inside the Stone was really cool as well as seeing Callandor. It was probably built ages ago but the way the rooms on the top floor redirect into each other really helps give a feeling of how immense it is supposed to be. And really did feel like a maze of red columns. I also enjoyed the incredible Taim+3 Ashaman+ a huge amount of Other world Dragonsworn mobs fight at the end. Oh and the Blood Knives(?)!

As an aside, the dedication of the Tear Defenders to go all out and defend their Stone to the bitter end (multiple times) was a fun part of RP in my opinion.

The end event of saving Siuan Sanche and taking down Torres was definitely entertaining.

I've never been part of a table top D&D style game but this definitely felt like one with deep story, multiple endings, ect and the turn outs of 30+ players per event was really fun to see.

Thank you again!

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Elysia wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:33 am

And trying to split up the group to account for an eventuality like Illian being hit or only Defenders poking about the Stone, initially. If any imm want Illian or the Stone to perish, it will perish, whether players are there or not. :P
You had me paranoid we were going to screw it up after cold rocks hold!!! haha.

Echoing everyone else, loads of fun. It was nice having some reason to play and feeling like decisions mattered and such. This whole series brought alot of life back into the Mud imo. :D