Logging in to humans inside rk = p

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Jaster

Re: Logging in to humans inside rk = p

Post by Jaster » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 am

Mashad wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 am
Jaster wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:49 am
Currently the most recent generals are being hit when the defending playerbase is nonexistent.
This is 100% not true. Stop spreading misinformation.

I was involved in all 3 attempts this week. For every hit, the wotrealms site showed 5-6 DS logged in. Real chance at failure each time. We discussed it and decided to try anyway.
Just because you did three hits this week that had resistance does not mean that most general hits were not conducted with a nonexistent playerbase. And mind you when I say recent, I’m talking the past months win cycles since it’s tallied monthly. Like I said, elysia could give details on the last months worth of turn ins.

Derick

Post by Derick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 am

I was mainly referring to flame, which is a ds only trick. Also the ds movable city that you can move a zone from tv North or West.
PS: I love flame and am not advocating for it's removal. Just making a point.

Mashad

Post by Mashad » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:21 am

Sorry Jaster, when you said "currently most recent" I interpreted it as the three recent events that started this conversation, as opposed to the events months ago from the prior period (I think each round is 2 months).

Not sure I was involved in any of those older attempts, so I can't speak to those.

Jecks

Post by Jecks » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 am

I can see where Mashad was confused Jaster.
Jaster wrote: Currently the most recent generals are being hit when the defending playerbase is nonexistent.
Should have been :
In the past war cycles, generals were being hit when the defending playerbase was nonexistent.
The war cycles are every 2 months by the way. And I don't see why you wouldn't call 5 friends and win a few banners? Sounds like the promotion of players logging on, increased activity, increased death and destruction!

On a side note, that was a nice and polite post you wrote.

On a side, side note : When is this current War System cycle over exactly?

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:27 am

Never been on a hit when ds weren’t on. I’ve done a lot. But alright let’s assume you’re right. Though I don’t think you are or can accurately speak on it.

I think the stats on the zones are great but irrelevant as far as pk goes. Which is where it matters when talking about this. I suppose it’s good to know what each city has however.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 am

Just wanna throw this out there, but the new gate defenses that were added to TV se gate yesterday worked liked a charm this morning. Between the game lag, chasing channie mobs, all the regular guards that ensured i was at max engage every pulse, the insta aggro from the gate guards, and the way they shut the se gate everytime they aggroed me I successfully ripped faster than a wet pair of paper pants.
I wish this would happen when I'm defending >< the guards are absolutely useless when I'm trying to fight in Tar Valon.

I thought all the channeling mobs were inside the Tower proper? Gate defenses weren't added yesterday.

e:
Tar Valon
-10 or 12 zones away from nearest DS friendly city based off the route chosen home(Keep)
Not if Blodfest is in Caralain Grass or on the FD road.
Last edited by Reyne on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:33 am

Yeah fought 6 in tv yesterday. (Maybe 5) 5 got out no problem. One died due to catching a bash. And this happened multiple multiple times over an hour.

Ps props guys. Big ups to Mikhan Zeeb Rig, Ictee. Raz sat outside as expected....*Edit: Just teasing before you get your feelings hurt Raz.*

Bivia

Post by Bivia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:35 am

Reyne wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 am
I wish this would happen when I'm defending >< the guards are absolutely useless when I'm trying to fight in Tar Valon.

I thought all the channeling mobs were inside the Tower proper? Gate defenses weren't added yesterday.
There were two channie mobs roaming the east side of the city when i went to pass through on my way north this morning. Ah. I thought the whole testing the Elysia was doing with the SE gate yesterday was fixing gate defenses for it. Guess it was added before yesterday then.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:39 am

Wouldn't mind removing gate defenses in general tbh. RK could use call mob.

e:
It also kind of sounds like TV is being puffed up a lot though to be honest. Ominas' experience is basically mine also 95% of the time in TV and seeing people talk about going into TV like it is a straight death trap makes me feel like we're talking about two totally different games.

Boboliosie was in Tar Valon for like an hour yesterday and got 2-3 kills on 6 people chasing him around and ran off just fine. Guards didn't even aggro on him once, alarm didn't go off once. I get that this is partially luck and sometimes you're just gonna eat the bar because you walk in right on the aggro but... same could be said anywhere. Sometimes you walk into DL and eat 3 fireballs in a round.
Last edited by Reyne on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:45 am

Jecks wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 am
And I don't see why you wouldn't call 5 friends and win a few banners?
Jaster doesn't even have 1 friend, how could he call 5???