LS Statting

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Stomp

LS Statting

Post by Stomp » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:49 am

Statting needs work still. Pre-selected stats are nice but who really wants to have some cookie cutter stats. Time frame to stat a playable rogue is pretty crazy considering the age of the game and the stats that already exist in the game. How about a bit of a tweak to adjust the total stats output on initial rolls? A LS char statting over 75 total stats is less than 1 in 25 right now and the bulk stat in 70-72. Even at 75 total stats bulk of the chars are unplayable due to int/wil statting so high but at least at this stat total you have a chance to get something decent.
Anything to make this statting process less painfull. Who has the time these days to sit and stat for days on days to get something like a 18 19 17 or 19 18 17 or 17 19 18. Make it easier for people to make chars.

Asandra

Re: LS Statting

Post by Asandra » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:07 am

Yeah, well, don't have to tell you that it's a lot better than it used to be :P

How about a request in the Character Giveaway forum for a rogue? Perhaps someone can hook you up.

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:24 am

better than it was 20 years ago yes but given the significantly smaller player base now it would be beneficial to make this process even easier.

iria

Post by iria » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am

think your best bet is to be given one tbh. statting won't be changed. There's probably still a bunch of people statting for the perfect stats, so they might get some 18 19 18 or whatever to throw your way. The prerolled ones are pretty decent though.

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:34 am

hard no from imms on statting changes? it would be beneficial to the game as a whole

iria

Post by iria » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 am

think it just requires coding and we're a little on the short side on that still, could also be that Flash has said no to any changes to the statting system who knows. Would be nice to see, but I think statting has been complained about since I started some 15 or so years ago, so doubt it will ever be changed.

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Rogues should be very difficult to stat, isn't the class enough of a crutch as it is? Next up will be complaints about how hard it is to land a stab.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Joolis wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:56 pm
Rogues should be very difficult to stat, isn't the class enough of a crutch as it is? Next up will be complaints about how hard it is to land a stab.
AMEN!

Eol

Post by Eol » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:39 pm

I'm sort of under the impression that if the active Immortals had their way everything would essentially stat like old Seandar.

Here's what I can tell you -
-Trolloc very nice "everything" hunters and warriors can be statted on darkside via wolfish
-I can't comment on the effort level, but high capability human warriors seem possible through Tarabon and Illian. The effort level in my experience is definitely less than a borderland type everything hunter.

I asked awhile back if prerolled characters could be given some additional stat points if the achieved rank 5 in a clan. ie. some int/wil points to up their stat total so that if they went into a reroll situation they'd be in a better place. Too much work for our limited Immortal crew.

My next "insane" idea in line with that would be - accept that human hunters are unstatable. Allow a 1 time warrior to hunter conversion. Won't ever happen, but just trying to think of something crazy. Only for a brand new char. Price to be determined (1st is free, 2nd is 10,000 gold, I don't know).

Also, can't help myself. This whole thread is really about how SPOILED! :) Stomp is. Guy was 18 19 18 back when everyone else was 17 17 17!